Tuesday 10 April 2012

Welcome.... About me!

Well, where do I start?! I guess telling you a little bit about myself would probably be good..

I'm Terri, 28 years young (ha!) from England, UK. I am a mummy to 3 beautiful children.. Charlie (5) Matilda (4) and Oliver (2)  (yup, close ages... hard work! lol) I've been with Howard for nearly 7 years and married since November 2010 when we eloped totally alone to Las Vegas! It was amazing!

I work in a Buying team for a large retailer, a stressful, busy job which the crohn's seems to complain about a lot! I spend a chunk of my time at/in either hospitals or doctors surgeries

After NINE!! years of mysterious "flares" of stomach problems and misdiagnosis after misdiagnosis (we'll go into that later) we FINALLY got the diagnosis of Crohn's Disease in September 2010 (found by accident ruling out, ,what they thought was a carcenoid tumour in my caecum.. (all will be told later)

Having absolutely no idea what Crohn's actually was at the time, I needed to get myself clued up... When I read the symptoms, I almost couldn't believe what I was reading.. It ALL fell right into place.. The mouth ulcers, the painful joints, the excruitating pains, toilet issues, anal fissures, nausea, sore eyes! But worst of all, it was a chronic disease with no cure... But my consultants assured me that with the treatment, patients can go into remission for years... Here's too hoping one day it'll happen!!

Please feel free to look round, leave messages etc

No comments:

Post a Comment