Thursday 3 May 2012

Hi All!

It's been a little while since I posted, I hope everyone is OK.

I've not had the best time as of late. I have had a very troublesome anal fissure for years now, and with being constipated with IBS in large bowel and crohns in the small it never heals and instead just breaks open and bleeds and the cycle starts again, also the same with suffer recurrent mouth ulcers.I've been fortunate enough to avoid any anal infections/abscesses until now.

I managed to convince my GP to give me a chance with some strong antibiotics before I would go to the hospital, the last thing I wanted was someone poking at it!! I had augmenten (co-moxicklav, metronisadole and cipflexin along with cream. Sitting down was a real issue, luckily I worked from home so I could arrange the cushions and take plenty of rest. The worth thing about it is that I am going through a constipated phase at the moment, and obviously going to the toilet is hell! Could yell the house down it's so painful!!! My doctor gave me oramorph as he said he'd advise I had that for the pain. I have seen an improvement so hoping that means the drugs are working, I have to go back on Tuesday for my monthly azathioprine bloods so I'm guessing they'll check then. Hopefully, I won't need to go to any hospital, I am losing faith in Northampton General as they seem to be clueless about crohns etc, I am thinking of being referred to a hospital with a better reputation and proper crohn's nurses etc. My current consultant is anti any opiates for pain relief, which I think is appauling with how much pain

No comments:

Post a Comment