Wednesday 17 October 2012

New gastro

Hey,

Just a quick update today as I'm on my phone. I haven't felt too great this last while if I'm brutally honest, but hey all in the life of a crohnie!

I saw a new gastro last night, he seemed lovely. He agrees with the rheumatologist that I need anti-TNF biologicals.. With it being expensive the previous doctors seemed to just skirt around it, which has annoyed me quite a lot looking back as the last two years I've been left to suffer and get on with it! Him and the rheum had met up to discuss everything beforehand, neither could believe what's been going on..

To cut a long story short, I need to have the gastroscopy and colonoscopy under GA to check for narrowings and dilate any strictures if possible. I also need to have a repeat capsule endoscopy to check progress of the crohns over the last year or so since my last investigations.. Means to an end, it's gotta be done! We'll see what that brings!

Both consultants are chasing the insertion of the Hickman line though as I can't start any treatment until that's in place. The gastro wants me to have infliximab infusions through it, whereas I think my rheumatologist would rather me have humira, not sure why other than he says I wouldn't need to plan my life around hospital. I suppose I need to have the option of both eventually anyway. We'll see, if I have a Hickman in I'd probably rather use that for infliximab than jab myself every 2 weeks or whatever with

I have just booked a trip to Vegas for 5 nights next month so hoping it'll be ok!!!! I need a break

Bye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment