Monday 10 September 2012

Sehcat Bile Study

Hey all,

Thought it was time for an update..

I had my first part of the sehcat Bile Study test on Friday at Nuclear Medicine. I was feeling really nauseous anyway, so was worried about it coming straight back out!! It was pretty easy though.. I had to swallow a radioactive capsule mixed with bile salts.. the fact you can't touch it, and have to use a different toilet from others was abit scary though! what are they putting into my body??! :-o hehe

The technician explained that I had to go back at 1.30pm (this was 9.30) so I could have a scan so they could take a reading and then I go back on Friday for a second reading, in theory you still should have some in your system if the ileum is absorbing the bile right, if the reading is too low it means it's not working right. We are kinda expecting it to come back abnormal as it isn't absorbing B12 either plus the diahrea.. I'll be surprised if there is anything left with how much time I've spent in the bathroom anyway, but we'll see! He said it'd take a further 10 days to get the results to my consultant, it better not do as I'm a private patient!!!

On Wednesday I have to go to the NHS hospital to see the Rheumatoligist about my referal to the Vascular Surgeons about venous access, we'll see what that brings! My joints have been particularly painful this week but we'll get by.. We have too! I just hope it doesn't take long so I can get the treatment.

On a lighter note, my baby girl Matilda started school!! I can't believe how grown up she is!! So proud of my babies.. I just hope they don't pick up mummy's faulty genes! here she is.. Isn't she a cutie?


I also decided to put my skills making bath products into good use with making stuff and donating all of the money to Crohn's & Colitis UK.. Please join and have a look at my facebook pag, I want to get as manypeople on as possible.. Also for awareness and support for IBD'ers www.facebook.com/crohnscolitisfundraising
Chocolate lollipops will be next once the mould arrives! Hopefully I can raise some cash for it..

Until the next time..

T

No comments:

Post a Comment