Sunday 23 September 2012

Snooty Secretaries...

Have you ever wondered why medical secretaries/receptionists seem to think they are so much more important than everyone else? What gives them the right to speak to patients like something on the bottom of their shoe?

This week I called my new Rheumatologist's secretary to ask if she would book me in for some more steroid shots into my painful joints.. "Well, that isn't how it works.. Your GP needs to ask".. I didn't like her tone, she was rude and snooty! So I reply "it was him that told me to do it this way, and I believe what he says, no offence so could you pass on the message" obviously that went down like a lead balloon!! "All I can do us put it on his desk" which I pleasantly replied OK! I don't think she actually did it though.. Whilst I was on the phone, I decided to ask if the vascular referral had bee sent, it had been a week so it should be been,, Again, she snapped no at which point I thought I better go before I lost my patience.

I called again on Friday, then 10 days since my appointment so plenty of time to type up a referral letter. I've been in agony so I really need this sorting out.. Again, get the same snooty so-and-so, I politely asked if my letter had been sent over to the Vascular team as I'm struggling big time with my joints and can't start any treatment until this access is sorted. She again, snapped no it isn't done.. Unfortunately, this ticked me off and I snapped "It doesn't take 10 days to type a letter, this isn't good enough" she went quiet as if she had never been challenged before! Her reply was "It does as we have had a lot of staff leave, we are behind", my reply "that really isn't the fault of the patients though, is it? Why should we be made to suffer due to resourcing issues? I need that doing as I am suffering and he said it would be done promptly and like I said 10 days to type a letter isn't prompt" so that was it....... I am going to keep chasing until it's done!I can't go on in this pain, it's keeping me awake at night!

Anyway - moral of the story... Don't mess with me with I'm hormonal!!!! lol

I also need to find a new gastro consultant this week, he has been trying to overcharge bupa which is causing problems, and I've not been happy with him for awhile so just need to do a bit of research :) I'm sure it's the best decision anyway!

Hope you're all well!

No comments:

Post a Comment